Thank you very much for your interest in joining a successful, innovative and family-friendly company!
Aside from a great work-life balance, we offer a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental, short-term disability and a life insurance plan. In addition, we offer our employees a 401(k) plan with company-matching funds along with other benefits. Paid time off benefits include holidays and sick pay. If you want the opportunity to grow with a locally-owned and operated company in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, please submit your résumé for consideration. Due to the heavy amount of interest in our positions, we will only be responding to candidates who meet all the required qualifications. If you do not see a position that currently matches your experience and qualifications, we encourage you to keep checking our website. We are continuing to grow rapidly and because of this, new positions are added frequently.
*For positions posted on this website, the $1,000 sign-on bonus will be paid on the paycheck following the employee’s completion of 180 days actually worked. Marion Ag Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Marion Ag Service, Inc. complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. The characteristics described in these position descriptions are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of these positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of these positions. The information contained in these position descriptions is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for these positions. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding these or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
Current Open Positions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operates forklifts, pallet jacks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments, customers or areas.
Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department head.
Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Assists in production in any way possible when there is a need.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
3-5 years’ experience in warehouse, warehouse management, shipping receiving
Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
General data entry experience (in a computer program such as inventory or accounting)
Basic mathematical skills – add, subtract, divide, multiply – ability to use a calculator
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and generally proficient with computers
Self-starter and ability to work well in a manufacturing environment
Bilingual in English and Spanish – writing, speaking, reading
LOCATION AND HOURS
18745 Butteville Rd NE
Aurora, OR 97002
This position is full-time, not exempt from overtime. The scheduled shift for this position is: Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Seasonally, some Saturdays may be required.
IN ORDER TO APPLY:
Résumés must be submitted either through this website or via email (email@example.com). No phone calls, please.
September 5, 2019
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Drive truck to assigned destinations.
• Ensure trucks promote a positive image of Marion Ag Service, Inc. by keeping the interiors and exteriors clean as conditions allow and practices courteous driving.
• Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with proper endorsements and commercial insurability at all times. Endorsements include Hazmat Materials, Doubles/Triples, Tanker and TWIC Card.
• Valid DOT physical card required.
• Oversee and/or participate in the loading and unloading of trucks. Cleans compartment after unloading as necessary to avoid contamination.
• Prepare, organize, and maintain accurate delivery documentation and submit in a timely manner. This includes verifying quantity and product on load.
• Coordinate efficient deliveries with dispatch by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.
• Report all damage/malfunctions to management.
• Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. Make brake adjustments and other similar minor maintenance related activities.
• Perform a daily DOT pre-trip inspection according to a checklist and keeps an accurate, legible and complete copy in the vehicle at all times.
• Communicate with mechanic needed repairs and maintenance.
• Maintain a daily, legible, and complete DOT log book according to State and Federal regulations and submits as required.
• Accurately and legibly complete all Marion Ag Service required documents including but not limited to IFTA and Load Summary sheets.
• Transport products locally or over the road according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations.
• Immediately report all roadside inspections, accidents, and moving violations.
• Perform all duties in accordance with Marion Ag policies and procedures to assure safe, effective and efficient transportation services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS • Typically requires 2 to 3 years of heavy truck driving experience along with related training. • A valid Class A CDL driver’s license with a HazMat endorsement is essential. • Ability to operate diesel-powered tractor-trailer combinations.
LOCATION AND HOURS: 7746 St. Paul Hwy NE St. Paul, OR 97137 This position is full-time – not exempt from overtime. Hours vary depending on season, job, weather and market. Travel is mostly local and some long-haul.
IN ORDER TO APPLY: Applications may be picked up in person and submitted in person at 7746 St Paul Hwy NE, Saint Paul, OR 97137. Resumes must be submitted either through this website or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. DATE POSTED August 29, 2018